STAND BY ME

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Looking for Serenity


There is nothing that gives you that wonderful sense of serenity like the ocean.

 I am lucky to live in Key Largo where I am surrounded by water . I can sit just about anywhere on the small island and see water. I can drive to Key West and go over the amazing 7 Mile bridge and see dolphins jumping among beautiful sail boats.

I don't know what it is about the ocean that gives you that sense of peace. Is it the vastness of the waters? The sense of infinity when you look out at the ocean during a beautiful sunset? Is it the realization that in comparison to that miracle we are tiny specs of nothingness?

I don't know what it is. But I always walk away from the ocean feeling stronger, more peaceful. The word SERENITY can not possibly have a better definition than what is felt when you sit on the sand looking out at the waves.  When it comes down to it, SERENITY is knowing that your worst shot is still pretty good.

These pages were done from scratch using PSE8 and misc digital elements.  I'm telling you! I am hooked on digital!

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
~Mother Teresa


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment