STAND BY ME

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Monday September 26: COCO CAY

Okay, listen, I come from Cuba, I have lived my entire life in places with very hot weather - Puerto Rico, Miami, Key Largo - but Coco Cay???? Jesus!!!  I have NEVER felt so much heat in my life!!!

Coco Cay is a private island in the Bahamas allegedly belonging to Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines.  It is really pretty but we were there for less than an hour.  The heat was unbearable!  You know that phrase "hotter than hell"?  Haven't been there and don't expect to ever visit but if it's hotter than Coco Cay I'd be surprised!

Here are some pictures:   (any blobs you see on the ground were people that melted)

This was the view of Coco Cay as we arrived - not too impressive from here.

The beach is really pretty and they have hundreds and hundreds of chairs set up for everyone. They fed everyone on the ship which is no small ordeal!



 This is my friend Eileen.  She and the heat do not get along well at all!  I was afraid I would find her melted on this island!



Bye-bye Coco Cay!!!

1 comment: