STAND BY ME

Monday, October 1, 2012

Vintage Ancestors Journal Part II

Okay, so yesterday I was able to get the book block done and I'm quite happy with it.

The cabinet card journal I bought on ebay is a great size and had great cabinet cards but it's quite plain and ugly.
  SEE WHAT I MEAN?

 So I did a front cover....


And a much simpler back cover.

 Once I get the spine done and put it all together it should look pretty.

I also added some color to the front page using the distress markers to give it a little more life.


So far, so good..... Let's see what happens when I put it all together!

My sweet friend Teri is making me a vintage journal cover.  I have decided to do a vintage book for my family (my real family!!) an will use Teri's wonderful cover for that.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Yes it makes me want to too,thatsw what I originally thought this swap would be but how??I will do a real one too!
    Your covers are beautiful,do you have a theme for the swap? I think I will just go with "Crazies in my family!"?
    Lee

    ReplyDelete