STAND BY ME

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Altered Brush Swap

I am participating in an altered brush swap. It was due on the 1st of October but I had ZERO ideas and I refuse to send out something I would not want to receive.

So I figured I had to at lease get started right??? I bought a 3" brush and put gesso on it:


I sprayed it with Dylusions sprays but wasnt thrilled with the way it looked.


See what I mean?? Boring.

Next I got some patina (yellow) and put some on the brush; pulled out my trusty distress inks and VOILA! Much better.


The picture is not so great but trust me in this- the color is great.

So now I sit there and stare at it. Nothing. I check my email and come back to it - NADA. I am ready to give up for the day, grab a couple of chocolate kisses and GET IT! I want to so something with Julies divas!!

Julie Nutting is a FABULOUS artist whose distinctive fashionistas are now in chipboard! I am so proud of her and to be able to call her a friend!

She sent me some of her "girls" recently and I know thats what I want to use. How??? No clue. Haven't gotten that far yet!

I painted the dress in colors to coordinate with the brush and that is as far as I am going today.


Tomorrow I will go back and see what comes up!


No comments:

Post a Comment