STAND BY ME

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

THROUGH THE EYES OF AN ARTIST: THE JOURNEY BEGINS!!!!!



I am involved in this wonderful project called THROUGHT THE EYES OF AN ARTIST which I have told you about already. Well, all these wonderful ladies are so excited and have put together these WONDERFUL journals which will start their adventure on March 31st! Some have already be completed, mailed and received!!! Notwithstanding these over-achievers the journey begins on March 31st!

I had so many ideas I considered and tossed... this weekend I sat down to do ONE thing and ended up doing something different!!! This is the final result for the front cover of my journal. This week I will finish the inside and back covers and the intro page.

The whole idea of this journaling (like the infamous traveling pants) is for women to take a look at themselves - totally narcissistic project - and where they are in their lives. The challenge for each artist is to do a layout about THEM, where they are in their lives, what they are feeling as women, as artists....

Hence the DOOR. It seemed so obvious after I sat down and thought about it. So many doors yet to open............... so me!! The door opens to a list of all the artists involved in the project... The "stain glass" on the door is made with transparency and alcohol inks; the door is a wonderful stamp by Stampers Anonymous. I stamped it onto light chipboard for the front of the door and then stamped it again on the chipboard using the back of the stamped image to make a "wood" back for the door. The door handle is the wonderful little knobs by Tim Holtz, the chain hanging from the door is the Tim Holtz chain charm with these wonderful colored fibers hanging from it.

The pictures are not good and do not do the colors justice but I will post better pictures when I get the rest done.

So what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment