STAND BY ME

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

SOME TIME OFF FOR BONZO!!!!

Wow, I can't believe it's been a month since I was on here!!! It is so scary the way days, weeks and months go by!

So many things going on!!! First, and most importantly at the moment, my husband and I left Key Largo in our motor home on Saturday, March 7th. I have been needing a break for a while and we decided to go to Savannah for a few days. We had originally planned to go to Tennessee but the ice on the roads sort of nixed that idea - it's scary to think of losing control of a 38' motor home on an icy road!!

We went to Savannah and spent Sunday, and Monday there. Savannah is such a great city - so much history! But it's only 2 1/2 miles so you can see the entire city in a day!!! Love it there though. Visited the old historic houses .... I'm TELLING you I was born in the wrong era!!! Actually, when you really get down to it, it was a horrible era in the early 1800s in Savannah with yellow fever killing so many people. It was certainly not an easy life - even for those that lived in the mansions! We visited the house of the lady who started the Girl Scouts (can't think of her name right now) and that was really cool too. By all accounts, at age 48 I would most likely already be dead if I had lived in the 1800s!!!! And I still consider myself a "youngster"!!!! LOL!!

We left Savannah and are now camping in Crystal River in North Florida. What a beautiful town this is. Lots of reading, sleeping, riding bicycles and taking long walks with my husband.... exactly what the doctor ordered!!! We will be going home on Friday to spend a few days with the kids in Miami before heading back to Key Largo.

Meanwhile, there are so many cool things happening! I started a circle journal with 12 wonderful ladies. It begins "circling" at the end of March and will be back in a year. Can't wait!! The project is called THROUGH THE EYES OF AN ARTIST. It goes something like this: each artist will create a journal. She will add enough pages to this journal so that each of the other 11 artists can do a two-spread layout. The theme is "ME". What each artist feels at the moment, where they are in their life... totally narcissistic and awesome! A glimpse at the individual through her art.

So many wonderful artists too!!! Eileen Bellomo, a New Yorker; Ali Brandst and Sharon McAllister from England, Sarah Walker and Lee Hynes from Australia, Tracy Kauffman from Washington, Lillian Mederak from Canada, Sue Young, Susie Walczak, Karen Mercado, Gina Gooding and yours truly!!! Each journal will make the rounds to each individual artist and upon completion will be an awesome journal!!! I plan to do other "rounds" once this one is completed and in this way take a little piece from all the wonderful artists I deal with on a day to day basis. I'm really excited about this project and so are all the girls! I'll keep you guys posted!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I am soooooo excited about our circle journal. Will work some more on the covers, then cut my paper, do my intro page, and be ready for the launch date.
    Enjoy the rest of your vacation and most importantly, get home safe!
    Your sister-in-art,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete