STAND BY ME

Friday, January 2, 2009

Just a thought.....

The 2nd day of the New Year is ending and I've had so many things to think about over the past few days. I don't believe much in New Year's resolutions - well intentioned but not very realistic.

So how to approach the new year? Well, I have a few ideas of how I would like to start my year:

1. The first thing I'd like to do is learn how not to "sweat the little things". All in all my life is very good. The entire country is going through tough financial times and I am no exception but I still have it so much better than so many others.

2. Make more time for myself and most importantly, not feel guilty about it. It's only natural to put your children and your family before yourself --- but is it fair? I don't think so. I have every intention of being a lot more selfish of my time. Sounds awful doesn't it?

3. Take time to let my friends know how much they mean to me. My family already does.... but my friends - both physical and online - are truly my daily inspiration.

and

Finally, learn how to listen to the "whispers" Kelly Rae Roberts refers to in her book Taking Flight. Those whispers sometimes know more about us than we do. My inner whispers are getting progressively LOUDER!! (Lord I hope it's not that I'm becoming schizophrenic!)

I wish you all a wonderfully artistic 2009. Some of you, like my friend Brenda, have started the year with unimaginable pain - others have started the year with other types of hurt and losses.... wake up every day and thank God for what you DO have - you can't do anything about what you don't. And when you lay your head down at night, leave your problems with God - he doesn't sleep anyway!

Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elena, Thanks for your interest in the comfort doll project. I cannot draw or paint a face to save my life, so I use the image from a rubber stamp which I print out from my home printer using cotton poplin fabric sheets from Hobby Lobby or any sewing store. I then iron on fusible webbing like wonder under and then just cut them out and iron onto my doll. These are my results,
    http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/patdoll.html

    ReplyDelete