STAND BY ME

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

FINALLY!!!! SOME ART!!!!



I've been in such a slump lately. Sad over so many senseless deaths this past year, such horrible accidents. Drowning in work with absolutely no desire to do anything.... midlife crisis? Maybe I guess. But I've never been the kind to sit and feel sorry for myself so I have finally been able to DO something.

I am a member of a wonderful group called Oriental Stamp Art which - you guessed it -does only oriental art. I joined a postcard swap in that group and this is the postcard I made. I made them all the same because I felt that the New Year card would be something the person receiving it could use.

This year is the Year of the Ox - not a beautiful animal by any stretch of the imagination - but nevertheless a strong beast of burden. Given the world today, we all have to be strong (although not necessarily a "beast of burden"!!! LOL!!!). These pictures depict the front and back of the postcard.

PS: I actually MADE the paper in the background!!! (Go Elena!) I am so proud of the way it came out! The pictures really don't do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment