STAND BY ME

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Lynn's Round Robin Journal

I have to admit I find it difficult now to work with anything but fabric and lace! Lynn"s beautiful journal is next for me on the Kindred Souls Group. Her theme is Paris. This is where I started:


No clue what to do but I started thinking about what makes me think of Paris. Beautiful women in even more beautiful dresses.... Cobblestone streets..... Street lamps.... So I pulled a few things out...


I cut some card stock with Tim Holtz's cobblestone strip die. I had no idea what to do with it after I cut it so decided to use it as a stencil. Will it work?? I have no idea!


Pulled out this old fashioned street lamp, I have had this for a few years probably and wanted to use it now.


Finally, I pulled out Julie Nutting's fabulous stamp. This particular stamp reminds me of a playful woman I can see walking up the cobblestone streets of Paris!

This is what resulted by scrapbook paper and gesso? Yuch!! But I refuse to stop! I am on a mission here!
I had fun dressing up Julie's fashionista!
Distress acrylics over gesso. Not happy!
Used Wendy Vecchi's embossing paste over my cobblestone "stencil" and was surprised by how great it worked!
After putting some distress inks and paint on my street lamp, I wanted it to look like it had glass. I glued a piece of Mambly screen print behind each lantern and filled it in with glossy accents.

It's still wet here but should look really nice when its dry!

After coloring the cobblestones with rust colored archival ink and muting it a little with vintage photo distress ink, the cobblestones look great! I stamped some Parisian images on the background, added a doily and my fashionista with some pop dots after making her a hot blond! I also added a piece of lace. (I HAD to put SOME lace!)
Next I added one of the pins I made.

Ok, my fashionista looked a little boring so I fancied up her dress a little!


Ok!!!  The front page is done!!!  Hope Lynn likes it!  Tomorrow I will do the back page and send it on!

2 comments:

  1. Love it and I am sure Lynn will too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Do LOVE IT Elena, Ooh LA LA , she's quite the fashionista.
    I love how you did the cobblestone street and the lamp post.
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete