STAND BY ME

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPI


Today is my dad's 76th birthday.  Or would have been.

Happy birthday Papi.  I have been thinking about you since I got up this morning.  Thinking about your last birthday.  Your 74th.  Julio organized a surprise party for you at Carraba's.  I am so grateful that he did.  It's funny because he called me to suggest it and I remember he said "you know, we always give Mom a birthday party but I can't remember every giving dad a party."

We had no way of knowing it would be your last.  But that day you were happy.

You were surrounded by your children, your grandchildren, your great grandchildren, your sister, your wife.  You were happy.



My dad and his sister.

My dad and his wife, Mercedes.

Kristina and Kaitlynn

My brother Albert, his wife, Lisa, my nephew Eric and his wife Lucy.
Always the clown.


Bernie and his mom Cira.

My wonderful father in law who we lost this past November.

Looking at these pictures, you did not look healthy.  How did we miss that?  How did we not see what was happening to you?

I bought some flowers for you today - you always like them.  You were one of the few men who admitted he liked receiving them!

I love you Papi.  I miss you every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment