STAND BY ME

Thursday, May 5, 2011

MY MOM

I have not seen my mother since last week - have not had a chance to drive to Broward County to see her.  Will be seeing her on Mother's Day.  My brother and my nephew went to see her yesterday and sent me this video


She is WALKING!!!  My mother has not been able to walk in over a year and a half.  I know this seems like nothing... but if you had seen her before the surgery you would understand.  I can not BELIEVE it!

Over the past year and a half she had been getting increasingly worse and worse.  She could not walk.  She could not sit up - she would fall to the side.  Her affect was awful, her memory was awful.... We started to think she was developing Alzhiemers (my grandmother had it). And ALL these things were caused by an accumulation of water in the brain!  The human body is just amazing isn't it????

And you know who figured it out?  Or at least sent the doctors in the right direction??  My AUNT.  My mother's sister.  She met someone who was talking about her sister having all the same symptoms my mother had and how the shunt in the brain had changed her life.  My aunt spoke to my mother's doctor and the rest, as they say, is history.  Isn't it scary that not one doctor out of all the ones we took her to even THOUGHT about this possibility?  I don't know about you... but it scares the hell out of ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment