STAND BY ME

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

WELCOME BABY MADELYNN!!

Madelynn Elizabeth was born at 1:59 pm today. Weighed in at 7 lbs 4 ounces, and was 20 inches long. Her resemblance to her older sister Kaitlynn is astounding!!! Did I say I had my camera ready???? NOT!!! Can you believe it had no batteries! AND on top of THAT I did not bring the charger from Key Largo! A trip to Best Buy will resolve that little issue tomorrow.

But well, the important thing is the baby is fine and so is Kristina. The labor was actually quite simple and quick, thank God. Madelynn is perfect! She is so beautiful! Well, at least in my eyes!! I will post some pictures of her tomorrow.

I will also post a picture of Kaitlynn when she was 2 days old so that you can see the resemblance. God is good and He took care of my babies today. Can't think of a more wonderful Mother's Day than this new baby to love.

My father SO wanted to meet Madelynn. He wanted to be here for her birth but I feel in every cell in my body that he was there with us. That he smiled on this new baby who has his eyes. This new baby that he would have so loved to meet. It was hard not to feel a little melancholy today but I refuse to take away any of the joy and pride in this new gift from God and am just grateful that God was there with us at her easy and perfect birth.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Right now I am going to get some much needed sleep. I was called by Kristina at midnight last night that the hospital had called and told her to check in within the hour. It took me an hour to get to the hospital and I have still to get some sleep so.... good night and sweet dreams my friends.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She is gorgeous, may God bless her all the days of her life. Post pictures!!!! Go rest, luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Elena or should I say Grandma. It truly is a wonderful Mother's Day gift. Enjoy every minute you can with her and her sister. God Speed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Grandma!
    I can't wait to see the pictures!
    Big hugs!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't need to see the pictures to feel your joy - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure your dad was around too Elena. The last thing my dad did before going into a coma with his brain tumor was to eat a few bites of my daughter's birthday cake. Tena was always special to him. If your dad wanted to see this baby then I have no doubt he has.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. What beautiful children. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete