STAND BY ME

Sunday, December 2, 2012

A GOAL TO HELP ME GET BY


For the first time this year I made a December Daily.  I have never been good at doing ANYTHING daily but for some reason this year I really wanted to do it and did.

I will admit to being madly in love with Oprah Winfrey.  Listening to Super Soul Sundays always leaves me feeling good for the rest of the week.

Today's show has reached into my very soul.  It spoke to me in a way that has impacted me greatly.

With Charlie in jail I had already determined that it was going to be an awful Christmas.  I just wanted to close my eyes and open them in January.  How can I look at beautiful christmas decorations, listen to christmas music with my son in jail?  It just wasnt going to happen.

Oprah's guests today discussed what I already knew but forget at times.  That we need to live in gratitude.  That living in sadness and negativity is not what God or the universe intended for us.

Every day in my December Daily I will make an affirmation of gratitude.  I will find something to be grateful for despite the despair and the hurt.  I will send out positive energy so that positive things can happen.

I will be grateful.

5 comments:

  1. Dear friend - I get this. Last year, my son-in-love was in jail in Virginia. This year he is incarcerated in NY. We had our hopes up that he'd be home for Christmas, but found out yesterday that he doesn't even see the Parole Board till 12/12. It is hard. Gratitude may be the way out of darkness into the light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for you and your blog.

    I AM grateful.

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am grateful for you and your blog.

    I AM grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am grateful for you and your friendship and the fact that you make this world a better place.

    ReplyDelete