STAND BY ME

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

THROUGH THE EYES OF AN ARTIST





In a previous post I had told you guys about a wonderful project which started on March 31st, 2009. I received my frist journal - Karen Mercado's journal - and it is so gorgeous. It's a little intimidating being the first to work on a journal so it took me a few days to figure out what I wanted to do. This journal is supposed to be about us as women, as artists. The pages we do are supposed to reflect a little about us as individuals.

In thinking about this (and, yes, I tend to over-think everything!) I wanted to show a little of me as an artist - of where my art is. I'm like that Donny and Marie song "She's a little big country - he's a little bit rock and roll"... Well, I've always loved Vintage and most of my work has been vintage. Lately, though, I am more into the Zetti look - actually going to a retreat with Teesha Moore in July!!! Can't wait!

Anyway, back to the subject... (I'm easily distracted)... I wanted to do a page which would show my crossroad between Vintage and Zetti. This was the result for Karn's journal. Hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment