STAND BY ME

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Lazy Sunday

I woke up at noon today. Didn't really want to, but thought I should.  Made myself a nice breakfast, mopped the floors, did some laundry, and was deciding between going down to my studio or getting lost in Pinterest for the rest of the day. 

I've been very unmotivated lately and that bothers me. I have been unmotivated about work, about art, about everything.  I have absolutely everything anyone could dream of to do the things I love to do. Journaling, project life, you name it, I have it.   My studio is absolutely perfect. I have more supplies than most scrapbook stores.  I keep telling myself that I have so many things I want to do, but I don't do anything. I sit in bed, I watch TV, I sit on the computer getting lost in Pinterest and Facebook and get nothing done.  A part of it is because I know that these two days, Saturday and Sunday, are the only days of peace I really have. Work is very stressful right now and I barely have time to think.  So on these two days, a part of me feels like I just don't want to do anything.  

I have all the right apps, all the right technology, an abundance of absolutely everything I could possibly need and yet nothing seems to jumpstart me.   I guess it's what we refer to as a "funk".  But I think the only way that is going to change is if I get out of this damn bed, go down to my studio and do something.  So I am on my way to create something! 

Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment