STAND BY ME

Sunday, August 18, 2013

FEELING GOOD!!

I am one of those persons that works in spurts.  Days and weeks can go by and I am totally blocked in work and in art.  Then the cloud lifts and I get everything done.

This was a good weekend.  I have owed this calendar pages for MONTHS.  They are on their way with a little "I'm sorry" gift!!

I got both of Lee's journals done and packed.


My peeps and I are starting a new RR -  Journey of Dreams.">

This is my journal.

My theme is Italy. I have always wanted to visit Italy and still have not gone. It is on my bucket list.

I am making plans to go next year and decided to make this journal my travel journal!

This journal is made using Mary Ann Ross's ROD techniques. They are great because they are fun to make and can be used for ANYTHING.

Anyway, I have decided to make this my travel journal for when I go to Italy next year (hopefully!). What I have asked the other artists is that they "go to Italy" and share with me the places they visit and the things they see. The way they feel and the feeling of this country.

When I go to Italy I will take this journal with me and see how close my experience is to theirs!

4 comments:

  1. What a lively journal format. And a fabulous theme. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful journal, Elena! You are becoming quite the seamstress!

    I LOVE ITALY!!!!! Probably my favorite country to visit! Be sure to fit in the little Italian village of Assisi... If I was working in your book that's what I would do... maybe you should send it to me! The little uphill cobblestone streets are so quaint and St. Francis of Assisi's church is there at the top of the hill....

    I've been to Italy 3 times and I'd go back anytime in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous!!!!!LOVE it!!!
    So glad you are finally getting to go to Italy!!!I'd love to be your trip advisor...I've been 3 times in the last 5 years I think,and know great little places to stay...just sayin'!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful work! My first ROD journal was my trip to Italy. So funny! You did a great job on this.

    ReplyDelete