STAND BY ME

Sunday, January 8, 2012

MOVING AHEAD

A long time ago I found an old children's book at a bookstore sale titled MOVING AHEAD and the title got my attention so I bought it thinking I'd do something it with it some day.

Well, yesterday I spent the day wanting to do "something" artsy but not quite sure what and I came across the book. I had been watching Mary Ann Moss's videos for her Full Tilt Boogie class (which, by the way, is awesome) and I decided that the Moving Ahead title was actually perfect for a 2012 journal. Those two words encompass so much don't they?

So I started playing with it and made a journal for 2012. It is a perfect size for just random thoughts and writing and that is what I am going to use it for. Here's the video!

9 comments:

  1. Elena, this is such a fabulous idea. I can't wait to try something similar. I love that stamp, too -- so expressive!! You are a fabulous artisan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Elena. Have you seen Book of Days videos yet? They are free and this would be a great book to use for that. I also loved your video of the postcards - that is a great way to show them.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great and you use such lovely paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful book. I love it. Your video is great. Nicely done sweets. As usual you are so full of inspiration.
    love ya
    tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elena, I love love your book you must be so proud I woul;d love tyo make one thank you for sharing......................
    Your friend MaryRedford

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Elena! That stamp on the front terrific! I just joined the FTB class and hopes to get started soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! I too have books and journals all over the place and keep making more and finishing none, LOL.
    Maybe 2012 will be the year for me to more consistently journal as well.
    See you soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Elena,
    Impressive video! Now I want to check that out and get on board with this project, too! Kepp 'em coming girlfriend!
    Hugs,
    Jen OXOX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Moley Elena! I watched your latest video before this one and was wondering what the other pages looked like. I'm taking Full Tilt Boogie also and haven't quite got to making my first book yet. (Actually, I did, but then ended up putting on a spiral binding, so that doesn't count!)

    I'm so happy to be following you and your work!
    thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete