STAND BY ME

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

THE JOURNY BEGINS FOR OUR CIRCLE JOURNALS!



Late last year I was invited by Allison Brandst - a beautiful person and artist - to join her in an ambitious long term project she called a "Circle Journal". As part of this project, which involves wonderful artists from the U.S. and the U.K., we each prepared a 4x4 art journal with enough pages so that all members of the group could add their art. We each chose a stamp as the "theme" of the journal. Every artist would add their art using this stamp. We were told also to do an ATC using that same "theme" stamp. The art page is sent along with the journal to the next artist; the ATCs are sent to Ali so that she can hold on to them while the journal travels from place to place (like those wonderful jeans!!!).

I received a beautifully done journal from KAREN MERCADO. Her stamp was so pretty and I had NO idea what to do with it!! This is such a wonderful project that I wanted to make sure that whatever I did for her book would be something she would love. I finished my page and my ATC last night and they are on their way to England (yes, I am VERY jealous of this journal right now!!).

These pictures show the page and the ATC. It will take 8-10 months for these journals to make their rounds and I can't WAIT to get mine back. In the meantime, I am so excited about working on other journals!!!

2 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful. I cannot wait until it is my turn; that way I can see it up front and personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the other pages... What a WONDERFUL creative project. Life is a circle...

    Hugs
    Roslind
    ( ZAA)

    ReplyDelete