STAND BY ME

Friday, February 8, 2013

HELLO FROM NORTH CAROLINA!!

Jacquie and I are in North Carolina since yesterday for a weekend workshop with Donna Downey at her new studio in Huntersville, North Carolina.

The studio is fabulous, the company is wonderful and Donna?  Well, she's Donna!! Her and her husband Bill have to be two of the nicest people I have ever met.  I have taken classes with Donna before but had never had a chance to meet Bill!  From the moment you land in Charlotte, they treat you like a queen. They pick you up at the airpot and from then on out its just fun.  They transport you, feed you AND you get to play with Donna all day!  Can't get any better than that.

This weekend workshop is about using Pan Pastels.  They are fantastic and I have owned all 80 for a while now but never truly knew how to get the most from them.  We did a technique last night where you didn't draw anything (thank God because I can't draw), but just put Pan Pastel colors down until something just appeared!  Seriously!  This is my pan pastel bird:



I think it's pretty good for my first time!  None of it is drawn.  It's all just the placing of color until something shows up on your canvas!!  

Jacquie rented a beautiful junior suite at the Hampton and it is fantastic!



These are some of the beautiful works hanging in Donna's studio:


It is an active group with a lot of great people.

Looking forward to today!

3 comments:

  1. Have a blast you two! You both SO deserve it!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your darling birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had known you were in North Carolina. I would have come into town. I love Donna and Bill. So glad you liked it. Hope you will come back!

    ReplyDelete