STAND BY ME

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

TIME IS FLYING!!!

I have always taken my blog seriously as a way to document my life and to, well, vent!  For some reason I have drifted away from blogging.  I am back and hopefully will stay!

The Keys 4 Art Retreat was in March and was spectacular.  We had a lot more down time and really did much less art than usual but it was fun.

Keys 4 Art 2016 is already on a roll!  We have already rented a house and this time in Asheville, North Carolina!  We have been in the Keys for 6 years and all wanted a change.  Besides, I think part of it is to get me away from my home and office so I can stay more focused on the retreat and I love my crew for that.

The law firm has undergone some serious changes and is facing some serious challenges.  We are now down to two partners, Bernadette and I, and have so me financial challenges as a result of the breakdown of the original firm, but we are up to the challenge and working on building up a new and "improved" firm!

Most important of ALL, my son Charlie is CLEAN!  He has been clean for months now and working his way up to a new life for himself.  I feel like a million pounds have been raised off my heart and my life and am so grateful to God for his mercy.

My law partner, Bernadette, gifted me a trip to Italy!  It has always been the one and only trip on my bucket list and she knew that.  Her kindness and generosity is totally overwhelming.  I am going on September 7!  I got from Miami to Venice for 4 days, then to Rome for 4 days, then on an 8 day cruise to France, Livorno and Spain.  I am so excited it's all I think about!

I have been getting ready for weeks.

     New suitcases (check)
     New clothes (check)
     Journal (check)
     Scrapbook  (check)
     Art supplies (check)

(See a pattern here? LOL.)

So I will be posting along the trip and sharing what I know will be a wonderful experience.

1 comment:

  1. I am ecstatic that Charlie is clean!! Love watching God answer prayers!!
    Have a fabulous time on your trip!!

    ReplyDelete